December 12, 2019

Good morning Hug Hawks today is Thursday, December 12th   and here are your morning announcements!

Are you interested in joining Leadership next semester?  If you want to help plan dances, assemblies, and school events come see Mr. Hurtado in C-8 or Ms. Flak in B-2.

*************************************************************************************

There will be a meeting for all 9th, 10th, and 11th graders interested in playing football next year, on Thursday at 2:45, in the Film Room.

This Saturday ROTC will be hosting their first annual Santa’s Workshop! Join them in D house to enjoy a walk through a winter wonderland, decorate cookies, and even meet Santa and his helpers! Entry is $2 or you can donate toys, hygiene products or rarely work clothes for free entry. It’s from 12 am to 3 pm. For questions stop by the RO hall.

“Attention all Juniors! Are you thinking about a career in healthcare? Are you bilingual in English and Spanish or have taken a few Spanish classes? Are you first generation? Come check CBESS this Friday the 13th inside the Career Center at lunch.   A free program to help students meet professionals in the field of healthcare.”

“In the spirit of giving, counselors will be out Tues-Thurs during lunch passing out treats and reminders of stress reducing activities.  The holiday season can be overwhelming and with finals around the corner, taking care of yourself as well as studying is so important.  See you out during lunch!

“Seniors! Seniors! Seniors!  Don’t forget to turn in your Hug HS scholarship application.  Applications are due to the front office on Dec. 18th at 3pm.  Lots of free money to give away.  Good luck!”

If you are interested in being a part of the swim team for spring sports, come by A-17 at lunch on Thursday (12/12) for an informational meeting. *************************************************************************************

FINALS start on December 16th, that is just 1 week away.  Make sure you have everything turned in and are prepared for you finals.

It is that time of the year we get the ball rolling for our 6th Annual Co-ed Indoor Soccer tournament during lunch time to get a registration form or more information go to the main office or see coach Nico space is limited  GO HAWKS!!!!

HUG’S AWARD WINNING YEARBOOK IS ON SALE IN THE FINANCE OFFICE for $70.00. They will go up after Winter break, so don’t delay. You can also put down a $20 deposit and lock in your price! See Cellucci in FD if you have questions! 

Attention Hawks!!! Make sure to go to your English classes to for Winterfest Royalty Nominations!! Freshmen can run for Lord & Lady, Sophomores can run for Duke & Dutchess, Juniors can run for Prince & Princess, and Seniors can run for Queen & King

ONE MORE THING HAWKS! Equality Club will be hosting their first annual Advocacy for Justice Gala at the Holland Project! This AJ Gala will be on January 11th at 7 pm to 11 pm! The theme is retro clothing so if you and your friends are looking to have fun on a Saturday night make sure to pull up! Tickets are $5 and will be hold at the door

If you go to HHSHAWKEYE.ORG you can stay up to date with all the latest Hug news! The Hug High Hawkeye is our school’s news site written BY students FOR students. 

That will be the announcements for today. Have a great day Hawks!