February 6th, 2020

Good morning Hug Hawks today is Thursday, February 6th and here are your morning announcements!
*************************************************************************************
Congratulations to our Science Bowl Team for making it to the top 10 teams in the Regional Competition where they competed against 32 teams from Nevada and Utah. This year, our Science Bowl Team was represented by Carver Goldstein, Taryn Law, Alex Ryan and Israel Cruz. When you see them, please congratulate them. If you’re interested in being part of next year’s team, please stop by B-12 and speak to Mrs. Herrera.
Syarra Goldstein ended up winning third place in Big Questions at the Galena Speech and Debate Tournament on January 25th. This was in a collapsed division, both novice and senior debaters, which was all the more impressive due to the fact Syarra is only a freshman and this was her first event in Big Questions.

If you see William “Stosh” Peterson, please congratulate him.  In our last ski team race Stosh placed 11th
in a race with 82 boys.  Anything within the top 20 is a huge accomplishment!  Congratulations Stosh! Ski Team Coaches!
************************************************************************************
Are you interested in being in Leadership next year, come see Hurtado in C-8 for an application.
“It’s that time of the month again!  Please stop by the counselor lunchtime activity table Wed, Feb 5th
and Th, Feb 6th! Play a guessing game with your opportunity to win some movie tickets and participate
in some National School Counseling Week activities.  See you there!”
The best of the Senior Class has been awarded! Congratulations to the seniors who won. Please make
sure to plan with your partner as far as dress and props  for photos. Meet in Quad right after school on
Wednesday February 5th. Photos will be quick, so don’t be late.  If you have any questions, please see
Cellucci in FD
“Any students interested in learning speech and debate skills, or competing in speech and debate
tournaments next year, please see your counselor or Mr. O’Brien in C-6 with any questions?”
Baseball will be holding tryouts on Monday/Tuesday, February 24th /25th after school on the baseball field from
3:00-5:00. See Coach Stewart in A-04 with any questions.
Auditions for Little Shop of Horrors: 4-6 Women and 5-10 Men needed, Starting February 10th ,
questions see Ms. Cellucci in FD

Attention all athletes: If you are interested in a spring sport and either haven’t played a sport yet or you
need help logging into “Register my athlete”, now is the time to get a head start before spring season.
You may need a physical and/or pay fees so please see Mr. Aytes in the Gym or Ms. Taylor in the main
office.
If you go to HHSHAWKEYE.ORG you can stay up to date with all the latest Hug news! The Hug High
Hawkeye is our school’s news site written BY students FOR students.
That will be the announcements for today. Have a great day Hawks!