Hug Hawks Return to the Nest

Jason Cruz, Editor-in-Chief

The Summer of ’19 has officially come to an end and while we all spend our summers different, it’s that time of year where students all across the nation are united under one roof: education. That’s right Hawks! If you haven’t noticed yet, the new school year has officially begun. Like it or not, it’s that time of year where we end our close relationships with Snapchat and Netflix and turn our focus towards Google Docs and Microsoft Teams. For Hug High School, the 2019-2020 school year means change. While one can say that every school year brings about new things, the amount of change that seems to be surrounding this year has created a new environment for Hug students.

When asked about his opinion on the upcoming school year, HHS Junior Luke Spearman joyously exclaimed, “I’m excited!”. However not every student seems to feel this way. Some students may agree with HHS Senior Alondra Flores who believes “this school year is going to be such a drag” which is a completely normal reaction for students to have when returning from a long break. Hug High School Staff also seem to have strong beliefs on the new school year. For Ms. Martin, a reoccurring teacher at Hug, this new school year marks an age of excitement. “I’m really excited!” she states, “I’m really excited for this class!”. Interesting enough, when I pulled aside Ms. Beasely, a teacher new to the Hug High School family, she appeared to share similar thoughts on the new school year. “I’m really excited,” she said, “There’s a lot of new opportunities coming up”. 

It is true that every school year is unique. However, it seems that the 2019-2020 school year is shaping up to be an experience unlike any other. And with that, I would like to officially say, welcome back Hawks.